Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fabulous weekend

Crazy Family+friends+sun=Perfection. Saturday I spent all day at a family reunion of at least 150 people. Of those, I probably know 1/10 by their faces and even less by name. Crazy Utah big families. Gotta love it though. It was outside at a cute little park next to a church. (Go figure right? A big family reunion next to a church, epitome of Utah.) Anyways, they had a photo area where they had dress up clothes and ridiculous hats and crazy back drops. Lets just say that the family pictures were priceless! My cheeks hurt at the end of the day from the rosy hue they had acquired and from all the smiling and laughing that had taken place. I loved it!
Kaitlyn came and stayed with me for the weekend as well! We went to Yo-Gurt and got this delectable frozen yogurt. Who would have thought that Orange paradise, or whatever that flavor was, and chocolate thin mint would ever go well together, but it was divine! Then we went outside and there was this super bright rainbow and even a double rainbow!
Taste the rainbow!

We got home and there was an absolutely gorgeous sunset! Pictures don't even do it justice.




I love it! It's like Heavenly Father's paintings. So different every night, but always so incredible.


Oh how much I just love this girl :) She is the best!

After we finished obsessing about the sunset, we went in and watched "The Roommate" (freaky show! I am not a fan of it) and then we watched "Life as we know it" (LOVE this show! Then again, what do you expect from a hopeless romantic like myself?). Then naturally, being girls at a "sleep over", we didn't really sleep. We stayed up until after 2 AM just talking and giggling, discussing crushes and being thoroughly twitterpated. It was fantastic!
Less than 5 short hours later we had to wake up to attend mission prep. Needless to say, we weren't extremely coherent in class....or really the rest of the day. It was great though, and highly amusing at times.
Now she is gone though :( but I will only go through withdrawals for one short week because then we have another EFY session next week! SUPER excited! It will be a party. Until then, I will remain occupied with running, working, and Cali baby!
- EB (ugh...endings. I still am working that one out)

No comments:

Post a Comment